ICO and Matrix Booking
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is a UK government organisation that promotes and enforces data protection laws and privacy rights. The ICO promotes the openness of official information and the protection of private information. Its role is to uphold information rights in the public interest by enhancing compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The ICO guides individuals and organisations on how to handle personal and confidential data responsibly as well as comply with data protection laws. In addition, the ICO acts as a point of contact for individuals who have concerns or complaints about their data being misused.
Organisations that fall under the jurisdiction of the ICO include:
- public sector bodies, such as government departments, local councils, and NHS trusts
- private sector companies, including those that process personal data as part of their business
- charities and non-profit organisations
- any organisation that processes sensitive personal data, such as data related to health, racial or ethnic origin, or political opinions
- any organisation that processes data on behalf of another company or organisation, such as data processors or cloud service providers
Matrix Booking Limited is a data controller for all our own organisational and employee data and a data processor (i.e. processes personal data on behalf of data controllers) for most of our customers that use our resource management solutions. Matrix Booking can also be a sub-processor (i.e., contracted to process data on behalf of another data processer) for some of our customers that use cross-organisational hub networks.
Book your demo today
"*" indicates required fields